4PSA DNS Manager can be installed on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6 (i386/x86_64) or CentOS 4.x/5.x/6.x (i386/x86_64).
When the OS runs on a virtualization layer, we recommend VMware Vsphere or Parallels Virtuozzo.
4PSA DNS Manager can be installed in multiple ways, based on your environment and requirements. Please find below all options possible.
Supported OS Already Installed
- No virtualization - You must install DNS Manager using the Command Line Installer;
- Parallels Virtuozzo with root access to Virtuozzo OS - It is recommended to install DNS Manager using the Virtuozzo templates.
Supported OS Not Installed
You will first have to install the OS, but there are multiple paths to choose from:
- Install a supported virtualization OS like Parallels Virtuozzo - Following the OS installation, you will be able to install DNS Manager using either the Virtuozzo templates or directly the DNS Command Line Installer;
- Install using the ISO - You will need physical or KVM type access to the server; click here to find out how it's done;
- Install a supported OS and then install DNS Manager using the Command Line Installer; this can be usually done with a server re-image process;
Plan the Upgrade
To guarantee the success of a system upgrade, it is recommended that you:
- Review the Release Notes for the software version you want to upgrade to;
- Check the upgrade process and the new software on a testing environment;
- Schedule the upgrade after making sure that all implications of the upgrade are fully understood.
Perform the Upgrade
The upgrade process depends on your installation environment: