In this section you can find the following information:
VoipNow can be installed on Redhat Enterprise Linux 4/5 (i386/x86_64) or CentOS 4.x/5.x (i386/x86_64).
When the OS is running on a virtualization layer, we recommend VMware Vsphere or Parallels Virtuozzo.
Installation on Physical Servers
VoipNow can be installed in multiple ways, based on your environment and requirements. You will find all possible options below.
Supported OS Already Installed
- No virtualization. You must install VoipNow using the VoipNow Command Line Installer.
- Vmware Vsphere with management access to VMware OS. It is recommended to install VoipNow using the .
- Parallels Virtuozzo with root access to Virtuozzo OS. It is recommended to install VoipNow using the .
Supported OS Not Installed
You will first have to install the OS, but there are multiple paths to choose from:
- Install a supported virtualization OS like Vmware vSphere or Parallels Virtuozzo. After the OS installation, you will have the choice to install VoipNow using the Vmware Image, Virtuozzo templates or directly using the VoipNow Command Line Installer.
- Install using the ISO. You will need physical or KVM type access to the server. Find out .
- Install a supported OS. and then install VoipNow using the VoipNow Command Line Installer. This can be usually done with a server re-image process.
Installation in the Cloud
VoipNow is the first Unified Communications system in the world designed for the cloud. If you want to install it in the public cloud, there are multiple choices:
- Install on Amazon cloud. The installation is simplified using the .
- Install on other cloud infrastructures. In this case VoipNow can be installed using the VoipNow Command Line Installer.
Plan the Upgrade
To guarantee the success of a system upgrade, make sure you:
- Review the Release Notes for the software version you want to upgrade to.
Test the upgrade process and the new software on a testing environment.
- Schedule the upgrade after making sure that all implications of the upgrade are fully understood.
Perform the Upgrade
The upgrade process depends on your installation environment:
- No virtualization. You must execute the VoipNow or schedule the upgrade from the VoipNow web management interface.
- Any cloud installation. You must execute the VoipNow Command Line Installer or schedule the upgrade from the VoipNow web management interface.