This page contains instructions on how to customize the VoipNow system in terms of extension settings, message notifications, and voicemail.
To set and customize general preferences for the system, go to Unified Communications in the side menu and click on the Zero Priority icon, under the Settings area.
Open the General tab on the left and you will be able to modify:
- Extension settings
- Message notifications
- Voicemail preferences
Start with the preferences related to the extension.
|Number of seconds to call||The number of seconds a call rings before being redirected to the user's voicemail or before VoipNow considers the user as being unavailable. Default value: 30.|
|Maximum call duration||The maximum number of minutes allowed for a conversation. Allowed value: 1 to 2400.|
The account owner can use this extension to post announcements for system users (e.g. an Interactive Voice Response).
VoipNow plays this sound before connecting the caller to the Welcome extension. Use the pop-up window listing all the sounds matching the name specified in the text box is displayed.icon to view the available sound files or manually fill in the location of the file. A
Allowed phone extension codecs
Codecs that the server can use in order to communicate with the phone extensions.
|Enable ICE support||Select this option if you want to use ICE candidates in conjunction with one or several STUN servers to establish communications between VoipNow and peers running behind NAT.|
|Allow text to speech||Enable this option if you want the system convert normal language text into speech.|
|Default ping extension to check its status||The server checks extensions for presence regularly. If an extension does not answer in a predefined time, it is considered offline.|
|Send public CallerID on local calls, if any ||The extension's public callerID will be displayed in internal calls as well. The public callerID can be set from the list of public phone numbers associated with the extension. It can also be the callerID of another extension on the same organization account.|
Configure the way in which you want notifications to be sent, taking into account the following options:
- Server sends emails from address: Email address used for sending notification emails. Please note that the email address can contain characters from any official language script. Domain names that contain these special, so called non-ASCII, characters are called Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs). VoipNow supports IDNs.
- In the 'From email' field appears: Sender for email notifications sent by VoipNow.
Customize voicemail to suit your preferences filling in the following fields:
- Maximum length of a voicemail message <x> seconds: The maximum length allowed for a voicemail message. Default value: 180 seconds. Allowed value: 3 to 600 seconds.
- Messages shorter than <x> seconds are not kept: The minimum length allowed for voicemail messages. All messages shorter than <x> will not be saved in the extension's voice mailbox. Default value: 3 seconds. Allowed value: 1 to 60 seconds.
- Maximum size of a message recorded by phone greeting <x> seconds: The maximum length allowed for voicemail greeting messages. Default value: 60 seconds. Allowed value: 3 to 180 seconds.
- How many seconds of silence before ending the recording <x>: VoipNow can end recording a message when the caller is silent for <x> seconds. Default value: 10 seconds. Allowed value: 3 to 60 seconds.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.