- Clone settings from channel: Copy the settings of an existing channel. This helps you create channels with similar or identical structure faster.
- Name: Fill in a descriptive name used to identify the channel.
- Protocols allowed: Select the protocols protocol allowed by the channel: SIP, IAX or both of them.
- Zone suffix: Specify the zone suffix. Default value is e164.arpa.
- Charging plan: Specify the channel type. If paid, the channel charges a fee every time it is used. If free, the channel can be used to call any destination for free.
- Do not try more than <x> destinations: Specify the maximum number <x> of destinations the channel will try to connect to.
- Prefix all calls with: Specify the symbol used to dial numbers outside the channel. Default value is '+'.
- Channel codecs: Select the codecs for encoding–decoding the voice signal over this channel.
- Channel notes: Add any channels you want.
Assign the channel to one or several channel groups in the Channel Group section.
- All groups: Lists all the groups currently in the system. To assign the channel to a specific group, click the desired channel and it will be automatically moved into the Assigned groups pool.
- Assigned groups: Lists the groups the channel is assigned to. To remove the channel from a group, click the desired channel and it will be automatically moved back into the All groups pool.
Set up channel costs. You can configure the costs charged by the channel provider, based on the call destination. Select the Setup channelcosts checkbox. You won't be able to do this, unless you have defined a Paid charging plan in the Channel setup page. For more info on how to add channel costs, please check the s section.
Click OK to add the new channel. If you want to add the new channel without configuring the public phone numbers, deselect the Setup channelcosts checkbox and click OK to save the channel costs.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.