- email messages, by attaching the fax content as a .pdf, .jpg, .txt or .tiff tif file to an email message, which is sent to a special faxing email address on the server. For more information, read this knowledge base article.
- the VoipNow interface, by uploading a fax message as a .pdf, .jpg, .txt or .tiff file tif file using the controls available in the Sent Fax Messages of Extension <extension_name> page, available for all the Phone terminal extensions that were configured to manage fax files.
- Customize the fields below in the Upload Fax Files section:
- Send fax to recipients <number> Phone numbers (separated by commas): Specify the phone numbers you want to send the fax to. You cannot list more phone numbers than the Maximum number of fax recipients set from the Unified Communications → Settings → Zero Priority → Fax preferences.
- Fax file: Use the Browse button to locate the file(s) you want send. You cannot add more files than the Maximum number of files per composed fax set from the Unified Communications → Unified Communications → Settings → Zero Priority → Fax preferences. Only .pdf, .jpg, .txt and .tiff file tif file types are supported. Use the +/- buttons to add several files to the fax message.
- Send later: When selected, the fax message will be saved under the status Not approved. Later, you will be able to click the Approved link in order to send the fax to its recipient(s).
- Click OK to upload the new fax. Click Cancel to return to the previous page without sending the message.
|Not approved||The fax message has not been approved.|
|Pre-Approved||The Pre-Approved Fax mechanism, which is available only for faxes sent through UnifiedAPI requests, implies sending a fax message to a particular extension without adding its authorized source email address in VoipNow. |
The Pre-Approved status no longer requires confirmation for a fax message; it is automatically sent in a matter of minutes.
|Approved||The fax message is approved and can be sent by clicking the link.|
|Scheduled For Sending||The fax message is scheduled for sending and VoipNow tries to deliver it to the destination.|
|Sent||The fax message was successfully sent to all recipients.|
|Partially Sent||The fax message was sent only to some of the recipients. Click the link to finalize the operation.|
|Send Failed||The fax message was not sent due to an error. Click the link to send it again.|
If a fax message's status is Partially sent or Send failed, you can reschedule it for sending by clicking either its status, either the Resend link available in the Sent on column.
|Canceled||This fax message will no longer be sent to anyone. This status is displayed after clicking the Cancel link available in the Sent on column.|
|Purged||A fax message reaches this status after it is erased from the system. This happens when the fax message has been stored in the system longer then the number of days allowed.|
- Yes: The fax message is approved. All the fax messages added from the interface are already approved.
- No: The fax message has not been approved yet. It can be either preapproved, if the Status column displays Pre-Approved, or a regular unapproved email2fax message. You can click the No link to manually approve the fax. The Pre-Approved status applies only to fax messages sent through UnifiedAPI requests.
- --: This sign is displayed when an unapproved fax message was removed from the system.
- If the fax message status is Sent or Partially sent, then the date when it was sent is displayed.
- If the status is Send failed, then two links are displayed:
- Resend - Click the link to retry to send the fax.
- Cancel - Click the link if you do not want to send the fax message anymore. The status is changed to Canceled.
- If the fax message's status is different from the above values, then only the Cancel link is displayed.
Click the icon to view all the attempts to send the message and their outcome.
<extension_number>: Specify the number of the extension the fax message was sent to.
<starting_date>: Specify the starting date of the time interval in which you want to search for particular messages. This date must be before or equal to the date the fax was added. The date format must be yyyy-mm-dd.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.