This page contains instructions on how to manage the Queue Membership feature of a Phone terminal extension.
|Table of Contents|
If a Phone terminal extension is an agent in a queue, you can manage its queue settings by accessing the Queue Agent icon from your extension's context page.
The Queue Membership management page allows you to:
- view the queues the extension is member of, either as an agent or as a supervisor
- manage the extension's Queue Settings, including promoting or demoting the extension, modifying its penalty level for each queue or changing the agent's status
- customize the Agent Preferences required to connect to the queues the extension is member of
VoipNow displays the queues the current extension belongs to in the Queue Settings table.
This option is available only for the Phone terminal extensions that have the multi-user aware permission enabled.
Promote or demote agent
The Queue Settings table allows you to enable or disable a specific channel with a simple click on the Type icon.
The extension's role inside the queue may be Queue supervisor or Local queue agent.
Click the Queue supervisor icon if you want to revert the supervisor to a normal queue agent. A queue supervisor extension can log in to the queue only after dialing the PIN code was set up in the Member Preferences section below.
These operations are specific to queue supervisors:
|Dial from Phone Terminal||What it does?||How it happens?|
|*999<queue_extension_number>||Listen to the active queue conversations.|
VoipNow will announce the active agent that answered a call last and will start playing his conversation. To listen to the next available call, the queue supervisor must dial *.
|*998<queue_extension_number>||Whisper to the registered queue agents.||The queue supervisor will be connected to the active agent that answered a call last. To whisper to the next available agent, the queue supervisor must dial *.|
Local queue agent
Click the Local queue agent icon if you want to set the local agent as a queue supervisor.
The value in the Penalty column determines the order in which VoipNow tries to assign calls to the agents. When a call is received, VoipNow first applies the distribution algorithm to the set of agents with Penalty = 1. If no available agent is found, VoipNow applies the algorithm to the agents with Penalty = 2 and so on. Fewer calls will be assigned to agents with high Penalty values.
To modify the penalty, fill in another value in the Penalty text box of the Queue Settings table. Value range: 0 to 100 (0 - most calls are assigned to this agent; 100 - fewest calls are distributed to this agent).
You can click the link from the State column of the Queue Setting table to change the agent's status from the queue perspective. You can pause/unpause or to log in/log out the agent. For more details, see the next section.
Set up member preferences
You can use the controls available in the Agent Preferences fieldset to secure the extension's queues access by defining a PIN code that will be required each time the extension will try to log in to those queues:
- Require authorization to connect to queue: Select this checkbox if you want to enable the password authentication when connecting to the queue. If this option is not enabled, the following two fields will be grayed out.The authorization PIN code is mandatory for the extensions set as queue supervisors!
- Old queue login PIN: VoipNow will display this field if the extension has a PIN code already set up.
- Queue login PIN: Specify the PIN required when dialing *96 or *97 to log in as queue agent or supervisor. The numeric value must have between 2 and 10 digits.
- Confirm queue login PIN: Fill in the same PIN as above.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.