- The receiver (VoipNow) sends a "ced" (Fax answering tone) message
- The sender sends a "cng" (Origination fax calling tone) message.
- The handshake starts with the receiver sending a "DIS" (Digital Identification Signal) message stating its terminating capabilities.
- The sender responds with a "DCS" (Digital Command Signal) message, which indicates the transmission mode that will be used by the sender.
- The receiver sends a "CFR" (Confirmation To Receive). This indicates that it's ready to receive the fax.
- The sender will now begin to send the fax.
- If there are several pages in the fax message, a "MPS" (multipage signal) message will be sent after each page.
- The receiver sends a "MCF" (Message Confirmation) after receiving each page.
- Once all pages are sent, an "EOP" (End Of Procedure) message is sent.
- The receiver sends a "MCF" (Message Confirmation) indicating that the fax was received.The caller will disconnect the call with a "DCN" (Disconnect) message.
|Content by Label|
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.