Applies to VoipNow 3 and higher!
This article explains how to set up the time on a phone using the provisioning system.
To support our example, we assume the following conditions:
- We're using an IP phone (the model or the brand is irrelevant).
- We're in Hong Kong (GMT+8).
- We want to use the
What you need to consider
- NTP server
- GMT Offset
- Phone provisioning configuration
- Go to the Unified Communications >> Timezone page.
- In the Date and Time Zone fieldset, fill in the NTP server you wish to use in the NTP server text box, in our example:
pool.ntp.org. Make sure you are allowed to use the required NTP server from your network and no firewall is blocking it.
- Log in to your phone with your extension account.
- Go to Edit extension.
- Select the correct Timezone, in our example
- Click OK.
Phone configuration generation
At this point, you have two options:
- Go to the Provisioning and SIP preferences page and generate the provisioning file as usual.
- If you have an organization, service provider or admin account, click the Manage SIP devices icon. If you already have a phone device, then select it from the list and click the Regenerate files icon. If you do not have a phone device configured, then follow the steps below:
- Click the Add new SIP device icon.
- Fill in the required parameters (phone type, model, MAC, etc.). For more information use the online help.
- Assign line 1 to the extension account you want to use.
- Click OK. Now you should already have the provisioning link ready to be used on the phone.
If you want to assign multiple extension accounts on the different lines of your phone, then the configuration taken into account for the time setting will be the one from the extension on line 1.
- Now get the link generated one step earlier.
- Provision your phone using the instructions specific to your phone. After provisioning your phone, be patient and wait no more than 1 minute at first. The time setting process may take a while - it depends on the phone model and network configuration.
- At this point, your phone show display the correct time and date.
|Content by Label|
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.