This page contains instructions on how to add a service provider account.
When creating a service provider account, you can choose to associate a charging plan to it or not. To be able to associate a charging plan with the newly created account, you need to make sure Charging is enabled from the Unified Communications → Settings → Zero Priority → Charging Preferences page. Otherwise, you will not be able to do that.
Associating a charging plan with the newly created account is not mandatory. However, you should know that, in the absence of a charging plan, the extensions belonging to the service provider account will not be able to place any calls. If there is no charging plan available in the system or if you want to create a new charging plan, you may create one following the steps described here.
Create Service Provider account
To add a new service provider account:
- Click the Add Service Provider icon available in the Tools area.
- Fill in the Service Provider form:
- Create using templates: Choose one of the templates available as a starting point for the new service provider account. If you do not want to create the account based on a template, select the '––' option. A template contains predefined settings that will be used to create the service provider. For more information on service provider templates, please visit Service Providers Templates section.
- Username: Refer to the Appendix to see what characters can the username contain.
- Password auto generation: This password is generated automatically.
- Password: A valid password must have at least 5 characters. Refer to the Appendix to see what characters can the password contain.
- Country: The country selected by default is specified in the Customize the Interface page.
- Region: The regions of a country are listed in alphabetical order. The one selected by default is the first one in the list.
- Timezone: The time zone selected by default is the one you have previously set up in the Unified Communications → Settings → Timezone page.
- Interface language: Choose a language for the interface. If you choose the
Defaultoption, the language that will be used for the organization account interface is the one specified by the administrator in the Customize the Interface page.
- Customize charging and outgoing call filtering:
- Charging plan: Choose one of the available charging plans that will apply to the new service provider account. To create a service provider account with a charging plan, make sure the option is enabled from the Unified Communications → Settings → Zero Priority → Charging section and follow the steps described here.
- Charging identifier: An alphanumeric (plus -,_,*) 6 to 32 characters long value, used for identifying the parent account. The administrator can set up a charging identifier on each account. When the administrator adds a new account, they will see the charging identifier auto-filled with the value of the parent account. If the parent account does not have any charging identifier, this field will remain blank.
- To configure permissions and limits, select the Choose roles and phone numbers checkbox and click OK. To return to the previous page without submitting these changes, click Cancel.
Edit a service provider account
To edit a service provider account, follow the same steps as above.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.