This page contains instructions on how to add a user account.
When creating a user account, you can choose to associate a charging plan to it or not. To be able to associate a charging plan with the newly created account, you need to make sure Charging is enabled from the Unified Communications → Zero Priority → Charging Preferences page. Otherwise, you will not be able to do that.
Associating a charging plan with the newly created account is not mandatory. However, you should know that, if charging is enabled on the system, but no charging plan is assigned to the user account, its extensions will not be able to place any calls. If charging is not enabled on the system, one will not be able to associate a charging plan with the newly created account, but its extensions will be able to place calls. If you want to create a new charging plan, follow the steps described here.
Create User account
To add a new user account:
- Click the Add User icon in the Tools area.
- Fill in the User form, paying close attention to the required fields:
- Create using templates: Choose one of the templates available to save time. A template contains predefined settings that will be used to create the user. For more information, see the User Templates section. If you do not want to use templates, select '––'.
- First name: Enter the user's first name.
- Last name: Enter the user's last name.
- Username: Please refer to the Appendix to see the characters allowed for usernames.
- Password auto generation: This password is generated automatically.
- Password: A valid password must have at least 8 characters. Please refer to the Appendix to see the characters allowed for passwords.
- Role: Three options are available - owner, administrator, member. Once organization owners and administrators are logged in VoipNow, they have the roles and permissions of an organization account. An owner can assign users with member and administrator roles, change control panel access for any user (except for himself), enable or disable users with any role (except himself), delete users with any role (except himself). An administrator can assign users with member and administrator roles, change control panel access for users with member and administrator roles, enable or disable members or other administrators (except himself), delete other members. A member cannot manage other users. When logging in, both owners and users with administrator roles will access the VoipNow interface in the Organization context, being able to perform all the operations of an Organization account owner.
- Phone: Enter a contact phone number.
- Email: Enter an e-mail address associated with this user account. Please note that the email address can contain characters from any official language script. Domain names that contain these special, so called non-ASCII, characters are called Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs). VoipNow supports IDNs.
- Country: The country selected by default is specified in the Customize the Interface page.
- Region: The regions of a country are listed in alphabetical order. The one selected by default is the first one in the list.
- Time zone: The time zone selected by default is the one you have previously set up in the Unified Communications → Web Interface page, i.e. in the Default timezone field.
- Interface language: Choose a language for the interface. If you choose the Default option, the language that will be used for the organization account interface is the one specified by the administrator in the Customize the Interface section.
- Phone language: Select the language of the phone terminal from the drop-down list.
- Customize charging and outgoing call filtering:
- Charging plan: Choose one of the available charging plans that will apply to the new user account.
- Outgoing routing group: Choose one of the available outgoing routing rule groups that will filter the new user account's calls.
- Charging identifier: The information entered in this field may be used by other applications which connect to VoipNow Professional for charging. This option is available only to the administrator, who can set up this feature for all account levels. The organization and user level accounts inherit this option from the parent account. If any other entity (service provider, organization) adds an account, the charging identifier field will not be visible; it will be automatically set up with the value of the parent account. When editing the account, the administrator will be able to edit the charging identifier as well.
- To configure permissions and limits, select the Choose roles and phone numbers checkbox and click OK. To return to the previous page without submitting these changes, click Cancel.
To edit a user account, follow the same steps as above.