Dutch public school successfully replaces
VoIP solution with UC platform VoipNow
Spinoza Lyceum is a very modern public school in South Amsterdam with 1250 students and 130 employees. The school is known for using state-of-the-art technology to enhance both teaching and learning. So, it does not come as a suprise that they are also using the latest technology such as a UC platform for its communication processes.
When the school decided to deploy VoipNow, they already had a VoIP solution in place. Still, the need for advanced communication features and the switch from Windows to Linux environment made them decide to go for a better alternative. VoipNow was recommended by one of 4PSA's customers, so they already had information on the advantages of the platform. As stated by the school rep, VoipNow's rich feature set, its stability and the special academic licensing were key factors in their decision to adopt VoipNow. In its commitment to support education and the community, 4PSA provides highly discounted perpetual licensing for academic institutions that use VoipNow for classroom-learning purposes.
The implementation process was straightforward and therefore easy to handle. Due to the friendly web interface, the staff didn't require much training to get used to the platform's capabilities.
In certain intervals of the school year, i.e. during admissions or exams, incoming traffic is at its peak, and that is when the staff is making the most of VoipNow's advanced telephony features:
- The Incoming Call Rules helps them redirect calls to specific departments and staff members through Transfer or Cascade functions, based on time-intervals and availability of employees; this feature is particularly useful during holidays and whenever the reception closes early;
- The Voicemail feature ensures that the staff gets messaged outside school hours;
- The Intercom feature is extremely useful whenever an important message (i.e. emergency or warning alert) must get through to all personnel; all extensions are called at once the messaged is played even if there is no one available to pick up the phone;
- The Call Forwarding feature redirects incoming calls to another destination (a mobile phone, voicemail box, or another extension) where someone is able to answer the call;
- The IVR feature to sort and direct incoming calls to the right department or staff member and thus reduce waiting time for calls and increase customer satisfaction;
- The Reports feature provides management with a complete overview of call flows and statistics.
Even though Spinoza Lyceum only started using VoipNow in 2014, the benefits of the newly adopted solution are already visible.
Easy installation and management
Replacing the former VoIP solution with VoipNow was easier than expected due to the platform's straightforward installation and configuration process.
Small usage costs
VoipNow's highly discounted academic licensing enables the school to pay only for the resources they need and to add extensions gradually, whenever necessary. Also, the platform's seamless integration with the existing infrastructure eliminated additional investments.
VoipNow's role-based multitenant design ensures that staff has access to customized configuration and enables them to use the system independently, sharing resources based on customized limits and permissions.
Charging can be easily managed thanks to the real-time charging engine, which allows staff to control call routing. Also, the prepaid and postpaid charging plans enable customization of call costs and sustain call management.
Complete overview of call activity
Processes such as charging and call flows are transparent and can be easily accessed through advanced reporting and statistics.
"We only started using VoipNow in 2014, but we can already see the advantages in making this choice. To our relief, VoipNow turned out to be an all-win situation. Thanks to the high discount on our academic license, we were able to minimize our investment while gaining access to advanced PBX capabilities that our staff can easily use and manage."
Spinoza Lyceum spokesperson
VoipNow Features Used
VoipNow is a cloud communications platform that enables service providers and organizations to benefit from hosted enterprise telephony, video, presence, instant messaging, conferencing, contact center tools, and mobility. The multi-awarded platform is a blazing fast go-to-market solution, due to its rapid set-up and easy deployment, integrated charging and billing engine, and competitive pricing plan. For more information on VoipNow please contact: email@example.com.