Even if you are installing DNS Manager only for a demo, it is always required to use a dedicated computer.
The DNS Manager ISO image is based on CentOS 7.x x86_64 operating system.
- Download the DNS Manager ISO image. You can download it from here.
- Burn the ISO image. You can burn the ISO image on a CD using your favorite burner software.
- Insert the CD in your computer. Based on your selection, the computer hard-drive might be totally repartitioned during installation.
- Boot from the DNS Manager CD.
- Partition your hard drive. If you want to manually partition your hard-drive, press
<ENTER>when the boot prompt appears. If you want the installer to automatically partition your hard-drive, write auto partition and press
- Follow the installer instructions. Set the timezone as well as the
- Set up IP address, network mask, and network gateway.
The installer will reboot the system and the installed DNS Manager distribution will boot. You will be asked to set up the IP address, the network mask, and the network gateway.
Make sure you enter the correct settings, otherwise you will not be able to access the server.
Go to another computer and point your browser to:
<server_ip> is the IP of the server you installed DNS Manager on.
The DNS Manager login screen appears. You can login as the system administrator using:
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.