Applies to VoipNow 3.5!
If you want to provision a phone model that is not present in the device list supplied with VoipNow, follow the recommendations below.
To add a new device, follow the steps below.
- Go to Unified Communications > System Templates > Equipment Templates and click the Edit icon for Server Default. You will get a list of configuration files for several types of equipment.
- Select the configuration file that is most similar to your phone (let's say a Cisco SPA504) and click the Export icon.
- Save the exported XML file to your computer and edit it as follows:
- Set the <default>1</default> tag to value 0;
- In the <equipment id=""> tag, delete the current value and specify the name of your equipment in the <model></model> tag;
- In the <firmware id="">, delete the current value and specify the firmware version of your equipment in the <name></name> tag.
- Go back to Unified Communications > System Templates > Equipment Templates and click the Edit icon for Server Default.
- Click the Import Template icon in the Tools area.
- Upload your updated template file in the Import Equipment Template pop-up.
- The template you have just created for your equipment will be listed in the Equipments table (future uploads of the same template will overwrite the template list entry).
- Export the configuration file of the new device. You will notice that the equipment ID and firmware ID you edited in step 3 have been updated.
- You may perform any changes you consider necessary, save them and upload the XML file once again.
- Then go to Unified Communications > System Templates > Equipment Templates and click the Edit button of the newly defined device.
- Click the Add Equipment icon in the Tools area.
- Select the newly configured device from the list and customize the provisioning file as needed.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.