VoipNow 3 comes with a different way of handling the Automation License management. Enabling the license requires that you take specific steps. This article is meant to assist you in enabling the Automation component on VoipNow 3.
- VoipNow 3 installation
- VoipNow 3 license with Automation enabled
Enable the license
STEP 1: Go to Unified Communications → Settings → License Management.
Make sure that the Enabled for Automation option is set to Yes. If it's not enabled, you need to contact Sales.
If your license supports Automation, you must make Automation connect to VoipNow so that the license can be applied.
STEP 2: Navigate to Unified Communications → Integrations → System API & Unified API.
- Click the Add App icon and fill in the necessary details for a new application
- Check the App is trusted option
- Save the APP ID/Key and APP secret
STEP 3: Navigate to Automation → Setup → Provisioning.
Click the Add Cloud icon and fill in the necessary details for a new cloud.
STEP 4: Go to the Provisioning Facilities area of the new cloud.
Click the Add Facility icon and fill in the necessary details for a new facility.
- In the Hostname/IP field, enter the address of your VoipNow 3 server; this is where all accounts will be deployed
- Insert the APP ID/Key and APP secret you saved in step 2
- Press OK once you have filled in all the details
You will know that the new facility has been added if a green sign is displayed next to it. If there is no green sign, it means that Automation could not connect to the VoipNow server. In that case, you need to check the APP ID/Key and APP secret.
Once you have enabled the license, you can start adding templates that will be later used for account deployments.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.