This page contains instructions on how to use the Call Events feature.
With the help of the Call Events feature, the system can notify third-party applications using REST calls when one of the three supported events occurs. The Call Events feature, which can be accessed from the Call Published Events page, is only available to Phone Terminal, Queue, IVR and Conference extension types and only if the extension owner and its parent accounts have the UnifiedAPI management permission enabled.
For instance, this feature is very useful if you want to use a remote application that, in case of an incoming call, can display in the VoipNow interface details about the caller, such as its CallerID, the number dialed, whether it was redirected from another extension in the system or not.
To configure phone call events for your extension, access the Call Events icon from your extension's context page.
The three supported event types are:
- Dial-Out: The request will be sent when the extension places an outgoing call.
- Dial-In: The request will be sent when the extension receives an incoming call.
- Hangup: The request will be sent when the extension hangs up.
To start configuration, click on the links under the Event Type column. A pop-up window will be displayed, providing the controls required to set up the chosen event.
Screenshot: A configured request for the 'Dial-In' event
Choose the method through which the request will be sent:
|Event ID||This identification number is auto-generated and cannot be modified.|
|Make request to||Specify the URL address where the request will be made. For more details, see the UnifiedAPI guide.|
|This event is active||When selected, the request is automatically sent each time the event for which it was defined happens.|
|Note||You may write a brief description for the request.|
You can define more than one request for the same event using the +/- icons. You can add up to 10 requests per event.
To confirm your settings, click Apply. A message will be displayed on top of the page, informing you about the outcome.
The VoipNow to Third-Party Application REST Calls table allows you to enable or disable a configured event with a simple click on the S (Status) icon:
- for enabled/click to disable the event
- for disabled/click to enable the event.
If you disable an event, no request will be sent via REST when that event occurs. If the event is not configured, the column displays theicon.
To clear all the requests defined for an event:
- Choose the event(s) whose requests you want to remove by selecting its corresponding checkbox.
- Click the Clear selected link. A confirmation pop-up window will be displayed.
- Click OK if you want to clear the event(s) and remove the request(s). If you do not want to proceed, click Cancel.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.