The Call Recording feature allows users of Phone Terminal extensions to record their incoming and outgoing calls.
Set up call recording
To set up the Call Recording feature, click on the Phone Terminal Setup icon and scroll down to the Call Recording fieldset.
Screenshot: The Call Recording section of the Phone Terminal Setup page
Call recording options
While in the User Management page, click the Recorded Calls icon under the Assets area. You are redirected to the Recorded Calls page of the extension, where the options detailed below are available.
Search for a recording
The list displays all incoming and outgoing calls recorded for the selected extension.
If the extension is part of a group, the list includes recordings for all the other extensions that have the appropriate Sharing Policy enabled (either with
EVERYBODY, or only with the group(s) the current extension is member of).
Let us assume that extension
001 and extension
002 are part of
Group 1. If extension
002 has the Share my recordings with
Group 1 policy enabled, then its recorded calls files will be visible to extension
001 as well.
You can filter the existing recordings using two filters: <folder> and <text>.
The folder in which you want to search for certain recorded calls. Basically, the folder name is the number of the extension that recorded the calls. If you do not to limit the search, select
All. The list will be automatically updated according to your choice.
The number or the CallerID of the extension you are looking for. The search results include both the incoming and the outgoing recorded calls.
Just enter any of the filters in the text box above the table and click theSearch button. The system will remember the search criteria when a new search is performed and even after the user logs out.
To remove any recordings, simply check the message in question from the Recording List and click on the Remove selected option on the upper right.
Phone terminal keypad operations
Here are the operations available:
- One touch call recording with *1: If your Call Recording feature is activated on your extension and you are involved in a phone conversation, you can record calls by pressing *1. A custom sound file, previously selected in the VoipNow web interface, can also be played when call recording starts. In order to stop call recording, simply press *1 again.
- One touch conference recording with *0: When you add a new conference extension, you must define its recording behavior using the radio buttons in the Record conference conversations settings. Here are the options available:
- Always: Allows all scheduled conferences to be recorded.
- Never: Prevents scheduled conferences from being recorded.
- User's choice: The new setting is displayed in the Schedule Conference page. The Record conference conversations settings allow the user to choose their recording preferences. Three options are available: Never (no scheduled conference call will be recorded), When pressing *0 (the scheduled conference call will be recorded only if *0 is pressed; to stop recording, you need to press *0 again), All calls are recorded (all scheduled conference calls will be recorded).
When involved in a conference started by yourself, you can record all conversations by pressing *0#. Please note that this is available only if you are logged in as admin. Otherwise, pressing *0# will render the available member count.
In order to stop call recording, you must press *0# again.
Pressing *0# will record the conference only if you have selected the User's choice option for the Record conference conversations setting, which is available in the Edit Conference Extension page.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.