This page contains instructions on how to customize provisioning files.
The custom provisioning templates are designed to meet certain configuration requirements for specific devices. Therefore, every time you create one, you must customize the configuration file(s) of the device(s) you are interested in.
To do that, go to the Provisioning Templates management page and select the template containing the files you want to configure. Based on these modified files, the devices can be later provisioned and linked to your Phone terminal extensions, satisfying your requirements.
To customize a configuration file, follow the steps below:
- In the Provisioning Templates table, click the icon under the E column.
- Select the device and the corresponding firmware under the Manufacturer/Model column. The configuration file may vary according to the Firmware/Version. Select a version from the drop-down list. For the moment, only Cisco(7940) and Cisco(7960) have two different configuration files, for firmware 7.x and 8.x.
- Select the Regenerate provisioning for devices using this template option if you want VoipNow to regenerate all the existing configuration files based on the new preferences. Leave it unchecked if you do not want to modify the settings of the existing devices and if you wish to use the custom configuration file only for the devices that will be provisioned with this template from now on.
- Customize the equipment's configuration file(s).
- The number of configuration files depends on the device type and model, ranging from one to three.
- Each file contains specific settings which you can fully manage for increased scalability.
- A device can have up to three configuration files, depending on the manufacturer and its type.
- Each of the Device Configuration File #<x> fieldsets offers the same controls and the Content differs from one device to another (e.g. the Polycom devices support 3 configuration files).
- From the the drop-down list, select if you want to use the default configuration file or if you want to edit the content according to your requirements.
- Regardless the equipment manufacturer or model, there are certain common variables that are replaced with their values when the file is generated.
- There are variables specific to each manufacturer or model; all these variables have the
- To add the custom equipment configuration file to the <tpl_name> template, click OK. To go back to the previous page without saving your changes, click Cancel.
To learn about all the parameters defined in the configuration files, please verify the equipment documentation.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.