VoipNow allows users to define extension numbers that are reserved for special purposes (i.e. emergency numbers). Once a number is added to the forbidden list, the system does not allow creating regular extensions with that number.
To manage this type of extensions, go to Unified Communications in the side menu and click on the Forbidden Extensions icon under the Settings area.
In the Forbidden Extensions management page, you can:
- new forbidden extensions
- unnecessary forbidden extensions
Add a forbidden extension
To add one or several numbers to the forbidden list:
- Fill in the number in the Add Extension section. The number of digits allowed for the extension number is displayed next to the text box. You cannot add a number that is longer than the allowed value.
- Use the +/- buttons to add several forbidden numbers at the same time.
- Click OK to confirm settings. To return to the previous page without adding any number(s), click Cancel.
Please note that you cannot forbid a number that is already assigned to an existing extension in the system.
Remove a forbidden extension
To remove a forbidden extension:
- Select the number from the list and click the Remove selected link at the top of the table.
- Click OK to confirm removal. To go back to the previous page without removing the extension, click Cancel.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.