This page contains instructions on how to restrict phone numbers and manage them from the interface.
Restrict phone number
The first condition to restricting a phone number is that at least one database category is defined.
To restrict a phone number:
- Click on the Add Phone Number icon in the Tools area.
- Import phone number from file and fill in the fields below. The uploaded file entries must be in the <phone_number>,<category_name> format.
- Import numbers from file: Select this option to add the database numbers from an existing .csv file. If this option is disabled, so are the next two fields.
- Import file: Use this text box or the Browse button to specify the location of the file containing the database numbers.
- Field separator: Specify the field separator character. Default value: ','
- Or manually add a phone number and fill in the fields below.
- Number: Enter the phone number that will be used to filter the users' outgoing calls.
- Database category: Select one of the categories available.
- Add buttons: Add/remove several numbers by using the +/- icons.
- Click OK to save your settings and add a new number to the restricted phone numbers list. To go back to the previous page without adding anything, click Cancel.
Export restricted phone numbers
VoipNow allows you to export all the phone numbers from a call screening database to a .csv file and share them among VoipNow systems or save them for backup purposes. To do so, click the Export numbers link, then save the .csv file to the desired location.
Search for a restricted phone number
When the list of numbers is too long and you are searching for a particular number, you can enter the number in the text box located above the table and click theSearch button. The system remembers the search criteria when a new search is performed and even after the user logs out.
You can also use the View numbers in category drop-down list, which allows you to see all the numbers that belong to a certain database category.
Remove phone numbers
To remove a phone number:
- Select it in the Phone Numbers table and click the Remove selected link on top.
- Select the Confirm removal checkbox and click OK. To return to the previous page without removing the phone number, click Cancel.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.