This document describes the steps required in creating and installing a skin for the VoipNow interface.
If you want to customize the look of the VoipNow interface, follow these steps:
- Create a copy of one of the skins provided by 4PSA.
- Customize the css files and/or the image files.
- Compile the skin.
- Install the skin.
The standard VoipNow distribution comes with a script that helps you create and install skins. This script can be found at
Below you can find more details on how to use this script.
Create a Copy of One of the VoipNow Standard Skins
STEP 1: Change the current directory to
STEP 2: This directory contains folders corresponding to the skins included in the standard distribution of VoipNow: default, blue, green, purple, red, turquoise.
STEP 3: Make a copy of one of these sub-directories to a location of your choice on the server.
For example, let's replicate the files of the default skin:
Customize the Current Skin
Edit the files replicated in the previous step according to the instructions in chapters 2-4.
Compile the Skin Components
STEP 1: Change the current directory to:
STEP 2: Run the script
The script will ask you to enter:
- The path to the folder that contains the skin-related files (i.e. the folder created at step Create a Copy of One of the Skins Provided by 4PSA). For example, we created the folder:/usr/local/voipnow/bin/utils/default_copy/.
- The name of the skin.
- The name of the skin customization author.
- A short description for the skin.
- The version of the VoipNow product corresponding to the customized skin, e.g. 3.5.0.
STEP 3: The script creates two files that can be used for installing the skin.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.