This page contains instructions on how to manage database categories from the interface.
The database contains the categories and the corresponding phone numbers used for screening the users' outgoing calls.
Call screening is in fact specific kind of behavior that can be set on all interface levels. For instance, a user can place calls to all the numbers in list A, but cannot call the numbers in list B.
Add a new category
You cannot restrict phone numbers unless you have defined at least one database category.
To add a new database category:
- Click the Database Categories icon.
- Fill in the details required in the Add New Database Category section:
- Name: A name for the database.
- Tag: An identification tag.
- Available to: This field indicates the levels that have visibility over the database category:
- Admin level – Only the system administrator(s).
- Service provider level – Only the administrator(s) and the service provider accounts.
- Organization level – Only the system administrator(s), the service provider, and the organization accounts.
- User level – Everyone from the system administrator(s) to service provider, organization, and user accounts can see the category.
- Description: A short note about the purpose and content of the category.
- Add buttons: You can add/remove several categories by using the +/- icons.
- Click OK to confirm settings. To return to the previous page without adding a category, click Cancel.
Remove a category
To remove a category:
- Select the category in the Database Category table and click the Remove selected link on top.
- Select the Confirm removal checkbox and click OK. To return to the previous page without removing the category, click Cancel.