|This page describes the registration process of third-party Apps with VoipNow.|
In order to use the resources exposed by VoipNow, a developer must register the App with the system from the interface.
|Any single user can register a maximum of 1000 Apps.|
Use the system interface
When developing and testing your App, use this type of registration.
Navigate to the Authorized Apps page
If you want to register an App to a Service Provider, Organization or User account you must go to Unified Communications -> Integrations -> Apps.
There are two tabs: Apps Management and App Registration.
To add an app to the system, select the App Registration tab and click the Add App icon.
Fill in the app form
Fill in the required information taking into account the example below.
Screenshot: Editing an authorized App
The following options are available:
- Name: Fill a descriptive name for the App (e.g. Google Apps).
- Description: Specify some brief details about the App.
- Homepage: App's homepage. This link is displayed to the users when authorizing the App and should describe the functionality of the App.The domain name can contain characters from any official language script. Domain names that contain these special, so called non-ASCII, characters are called Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs). VoipNow supports IDNs.
- Image URL: URI where the system can find a relevant App image.
- Admin email: Email address of the administrator of the App. The email address can contain characters from any official language script. Domain names that contain these special, so called non-ASCII, characters are called Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs). VoipNow supports IDNs.
- Admin phone: Phone number of the administrator of the App.
- App is trusted: When this option is active, the App can use only the App Key and App Secret to generate an access token, and no user authentication is required. Activate this option only if you trust the App.
- Redirect URL: URL where the system returns the registration and authorization response. Please note that the redirect URL can only be a HTTPS link.
- App ID/key: A general app identifier, unique to your app.
- App secret: The 32 char-long secret used by the system to establish ownership of the App key. Based on this pair, the system will recognize the new App and will allow it to generate an access token.
Click OK to confirm the settings and add the new App or Cancel to stop the process and close the window.
Regenerate app secret
In some cases it is required to invalidate the old secret of the App. In this case, just click the Regenerate button located next to the old App Secret. This action will invalidate all the access tokens currently owned by the App.
Remove app registration
At any time, the user can remove the App from the system as described in the Apps Management section.