Applies to VoipNow 3 and higher!
VoipNow uses Kamailio for the extension registration process. However, you can also use the
sip show peers Asterisk command to check your IP, as well as the port of your extensions. If an extension is listed, then it is either registered or set up with a static IP port. This article describes how you can check the extensions registered in the system.
Before you start, make sure that the following requirements are met:
- You have a VoipNow 3 or higher.
- You have access and basic knowledge for using a SSH client (e.g.
Please note that the Asterisk
sip show registry command will not provide any information on registered extensions!
Kamailio stores the information about the registered extensions in Hubring. To find out the extensions currently registered, please do as follows:
STEP 1: Using your favorite SSH console (e.g.:
Putty), connect to Hubring:
STEP 2: Once you are connected to the Hubring server (you will get the Hubring prompt: hubring <HubringHost>:11211>
,), you can use the following commands to see the registered extensions:
This command will print the Hubring key for all the registered extensions. You will see something like this:
If you like to see find out all the SIP session information for a certain extension you can run.
The registered extensions can be checked from the VoipNow interface as well. Depending on your account, you have access to the following information:
- The system administrator can view all the extensions in the system and their registration status from the Extensions Management page. The State column displays the current status of the phone terminal connected to the extension.
- The service providers can check the registration status for the Phone terminal extensions defined for all their client accounts on the Extensions Management page.
- The organizations can check the registration status for all their Phone terminal extensions on their home page.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.