This page contains instructions on how to customize login preferences following the recommendations below.
To reach the System Authentication page, go to Unified Communications in the side menu and click the System Authentication icon under the Monitoring area. All preferences included here apply to all system users.
Please note that after 10 failed login attempts, you will be required to enter a captcha.
Customize user login preferences
To customize user login:
- Define the User Login Preferences to configure a login-session policy:
- Login expiration time: Set the number of seconds after which an account owner is logged out for inactivity. Allowed value: 60 to 86,400 seconds. Default value: 86,400 seconds.
- Password reset link expiration time: The time interval for which the reset password link is valid. Allowed value: 60 to 86,400 seconds. Default value: 3, 600 seconds.
- Log messages on level: Logs all the events or specific events types. The default option is LOG_ERROR messages. Use the drop-down list to indicate an event that you want to be logged. Switching to a different event (e.g. log_debug) will automatically log related details in /usr/local/voipnow/admin/log/php_error.log Please read Log Options section for more details on the various types of logs available.
- Click OK to apply changes. To return to the previous page without submitting any changes, click Cancel.
These are the options you can set up in the Log Messages on Level drop-down list.
|LOG_EMERG||Inactive option. Will be used for future development.|
|LOG_ALERT||Inactive option. Will be used for future development.|
|LOG_CRIT||Inactive option. Will be used for future development.|
|LOG_ERR||Logs the following events: |
A user trying to log in from the interface with an invalid password.
A user from a banned network trying to log in from the interface.
|LOG_WARNING||Logs all the events logged by the LOG_ERR option, plus the following: |
A user with a disabled account trying to log in.
A user without control panel access trying to log in.
A user with an expired account trying to log in.
A user whose parent account has expired, trying to log in.
|LOG_NOTICE||Logs all the events logged by the LOG_WARNING option, plus the following: |
Any successful login from any type of user.
|LOG_INFO||Logs all the events previously mentioned.|
|LOG_DEBUG||Logs all the events previously mentioned.|
Customize API preferences
You may also define API-related preferences:
- UnifiedAPI logs messages on level: Logs all the events created using UnifiedAPI. The default options is LOG_ERR. You may select a different event (e.g. log_debug) and all the details related to it will be automatically logged in /usr/local/voipnow/admin/log/php_error.log
- SystemAPI logs messages on level: Logs all the events created using SystemAPI. The default options is LOG_ERR. You may select a different event (e.g. log_debug) and all the details related to it will be automatically logged in /usr/local/voipnow/admin/log/php_error.log
Control panel access can be enabled with a click on the symbol in the A column of the table in the management page of any account. When control panel access is enabled, the account owner can log in and use the VoipNow interface. This type of access also allows users to use the Impersonate feature.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.