This page contains information on managing fax messages for users.
VoipNow allows users to send and receive fax messages that can be managed from the interface. The Fax Messages management page allows you to:
view the extension's Received Faxes
- check the Sent faxes
- search for specific fax messages
- download fax files on your computer
- remove fax messages
Fax center operations
Check received faxes
The interface displays a list with all the fax messages received by the selected extension and, if the user is part of a group, for all the other user that chose to share their resources either with Everyone or only with the group(s) the current user is member of. The new messages are displayed using bold characters.
For each fax message, VoipNow displays the following details:
- T: The fax message type for incoming for outgoing
- From: The CallerID of the fax machine that sent the fax message. Click this ID to download the file on your computer. The downloaded file name has the following format: <resource_type>_<extension number>_<id>_<download_day_month_year>_<download_hour-minute>.<file type>. For example, "fax_0003-002_4_10Jul2017_13-48.pdf".
- Faxbox: The number of the extension that received the fax message, for example 0006*001.
- Pages: The number of pages the message was received in.
- Size: The fax file size, in KB.
- Received at: The date the fax file was received.
Search for fax messages
If you want to search for specific fax files, you can use one or more of the available filters:
<for extension>: Choose the extension whose fax messages you want to see.
- Personal: Only the faxes of the current extension are displayed. Default.
- <extension_number>: Depending on how many extensions in the group(s) have enabled the incoming faxes Sharing Policy, you can choose from the list the <extension_number> whose files you want to see. This option is available if the extension is part of a group that has at least another extension which has enabled the incoming faxes Sharing Policy. Example: Extension 1 is part of the Phone Terminals group. Extension 2 and Extension 3 are also members of this group. The two extensions have the appropriate policy enabled and they are sharing their received fax messages with the Phone Terminals group. Therefore, Extension 1 will be able to see the incoming faxes both of Extension 2 and Extension 3.
- All: Displays both personal fax messages and those of all the extensions in the group(s) that have enabled the incoming faxes Sharing Policy.
<CallerID>: The CallerID number of the extension you are looking for. The search results include both the incoming and the outgoing fax messages.
Remove fax messages
To remove a certain fax message:
- Select the fax from the table and click the Remove selected link on top of the table.
- To finalize it, select the Confirm removal checkbox and click OK. To return to the previous page without removing the fax message, click Cancel.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.