This page contains instructions on how to enable the CallNow feature on a Phone terminal extension.
The CallNow feature allows anyone with Internet access to contact a VoipNow extension. This feature can only be used by Phone terminal extensions.
In the Tools section of the Extension's Management page, fill in the requested details. The extension will call back the user based on the number of the external request.
The extension's specific routing, screening and charging rules will apply exactly as if the call was initiated by the extension.
To activate CallNow:
- Select the Allow people to call me checkbox.
- Configure the parameters available in the Allow CallNow section:
- CallNow ID: Fill in the CallerID associated to the extension or use the default one (e.g. ba538fb568343064).
- I am available only in time interval: Choose one of the already defined time intervals in which the extension owner can be contacted via CallNow. By default, the Anytime interval is selected.
- Do not allow people to contact me while I am on the phone: This option will have all CallNow requests rejected while the extension owner is involved in a call.
- Confirmation required before connecting me to caller: This option will have the extension owner confirm before accepting a CallNow request.
- Show my name on the public CallNow interface: If this option is enabled, the extension owner's name is made public in the CallNow interface.
- Ask for the name of the caller: If this option is enabled, anonymous callers are not accepted.
- Use image validation on the public interface: If enabled, a random security image will be used for validation.
- Language: Select the language in which the CallNow interface will be displayed. You may choose either the default language or User's choice to let the caller decide.
- Message on the public interface: Specify a welcome message for the extension's public interface.
Click OK to activate CallNow. A confirmation message that includes the extension's personal CallNow URL is displayed in the info box.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.