This page contains instructions on how you can add a provisioning template to the system.
When you want to customize the provisioning settings for one or several devices supported by VoipNow, you have to define a new template and modify the provisioning files as per your requirements.
- Click the Add Provisioning Template icon and provide the information required in the displayed pop-up window.
- Name: Fill in the template's descriptive name (e.g. Snom 360 v6.2).
- Visibility: The visibility defines the account levels that will be able to use the template. As a system administrator, you can set its visibility to:
- Available to the admin level only - Only the administrator(s) will be able to provision equipments using this template.
- Available to the admin and service provider levels - The template's visibility is increased, as the service provider will also be able to use it.
- Available to the admin, service provider and organization levels - This is the most comprehensive situation that allows the administrator(s), the service providers and the organizations to provision equipments using this template.
- Click OK to add the new provisioning template. The template is saved in the database and displayed in the Provisioning Templates table.
Even though the template has been created, it cannot be used for provisioning new devices because no equipment was defined for it.
- Click the icon in the E column of the Provisioning Templates Table to navigate to the Template <template_name> Equipments page.
- Select the device(s) that will be provisioned using this template. To do so, click the Add Equipment icon.
The Edit Equipment Configuration File to Template <template_name> page allows you to choose a particular device and modify its configuration files according to your needs. For more details on how to use the available controls, visit thesection.
After properly completing these steps, your custom template will be functional and you will be able to use it to provision the SIP devices for which it was designed. For more information on how to provision new devices, please visit the Provision a SIP Device section.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.