Extension templates can be managed by the system administrator(s) as well as by the service provider, organization and user account owners.
Templates are the easiest way to add several similar extensions to the system. You will no longer need to set permissions and roles for each and every new extension. Simply pick one that was already used.
If there are parameters that do not meet your requirements, you may simply edit the template or create a whole new one.
To manage extension templates, go to Unified Communications in the side menu and click the Extension Templates icon in the Assets area. The Extension Templates management page allows you to:
- create a new template
- see a list of all existing extension templates
- search for a particular template within the list
- edit templates
- remove unused templates
To add a template:
- Click on the Add Template icon in the Tools area.
- Name the template.
- Enable the Shared with provider option if you want to share the template with service providers. If this option is enabled, it allows service providers to create extensions based on it.
- Choose the type of extension created with this template. There are several possibilities:
- Click OK to add the new extension template. To go back to the previous page without adding anything, click Cancel.
To edit a template, follow the same steps described above.
Enable or disable a template
All templates are listed in the Extension Templates table. You may enable or disable a specific template with a simple click on the S (Status) icon, which shows the status of the template:for enabled for disabled. Once a template is disabled, you can no longer use it to create an account.
Search for a template
The same table displays a Template ID column, which refers to the automatically generated ID of the template. The Extensions column indicates the number of extensions created based on this template.
To filter existing templates, enter the template name in the text box above the table and click theSearch button. The system remembers the search criteria when a new search is performed and even after the user logs out.
Remove a template
If you remove a template from the system, the extensions created with it will not be affected.
To remove a template:
- Select the template from the table and click the Remove selected link on top of the table.
- Select the Confirm removal checkbox and click OK. To return to the previous page without removing the template, click Cancel.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.