This page contains instructions on how to manage call recording for users.
VoipNow provides users with the possibility of recording their incoming and outgoing calls. The Recorded Calls management page allows you to:
- view all the user's recorded messages
- search for specific recordings
- listen and download recorded conversations on your computer
- remove unnecessary recordings
The call recording status can only be changed for Phone terminal extensions.
Operations with recorded calls
Check recorded calls
The list displays all the incoming and outgoing calls recorded for the selected user and, if the user is part of a group, for all the other user that chose to share their resources either with Everyone or only with the group(s) the current user is member of.
For each recorded call, VoipNow displays the following details:
- T: The recorded call type: (Phone terminal extensions) for incoming for outgoing for unknown; (Conference extensions) for conference call; (Queue extensions) for queue call.
- Listen: Listen to the call using the controls available. Its total length is displayed as well, using the hh:mm:ss format. If you want download the file on your hard drive, click the icon and confirm your choice.
- Download: Click the icon to download the recording. The downloaded file name has the following format: <resource_type>_<extension-number>_<id>_<download_day_month_year>_<download_hour-minute>.<file type>. For example, "recording_0101-004_16_10Jul2017_11-57.mp3".
- From: The number of the extension recording the call. If the extension recording the call is different from the initial caller, then VoipNow displays the caller's CallerID between brackets. For Queue extensions, VoipNow displays the caller's CallerID name and CallerID number between brackets, just as they are displayed on the screen of the agent. For Conference extensions, VoipNow displays the conference's Caller ID and the scheduled conference number.
- To: This is the number or the CallerID of the other party involved in the call. It can be both the caller or the callee. For Queue extensions, this column displays the number of the agent that answered the recorded call. A Queue extension records a conversation starting with the moment the call is answered by an agent and not from the beginning, when the user places the call. For Conference extensions, this column displays the scheduled conference's number. This column can also display:
- Anonymous - If the other party decided to hide its identity.
- Unknown - If the identity of the other party involved in the call could not be established.
- Folder: The folder where the recorded calls are stored. Calls initiated and received by that extension are saved in the same folder.
- Size: The recorded file size, in KB.
- Created: The date and time the recorded conversation started.
Search for recorded calls
When you are searching for specific recorded call files, you can use one or more of the available filters:
<for extension>: The extension whose recorded calls you want to listen to. The folder name is the number of the extension that recorded the calls. If you do not want to limit the search, select All. The list gets updated automatically.
<CallerID>: The CallerID number of the extension you are looking for. The search results include both the incoming and the outgoing recorded calls.
Remove recorded calls
To remove a recorded call:
- Select the call from the table and click the Remove selected link on top of the table.
- To finalize it, select the Confirm removal checkbox and click OK. To return to the previous page without removing the recorded, click Cancel.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.