Applies to VoipNow 3 and higher!
This article explains how to configure a charging plan in order to add a margin to the fees you charge for the calls, in addition to your costs. Service providers can apply these fees to their organizations, while organizations can apply them to their users.
Configuring the charging plan
To set such a charging plan for a Service Provider or an Organization account, take the following steps:
STEP 1: You can set charging plans for admin, Service Provider or Organization accounts:
- If you want to set a charging plan for a system admin account, then click the Charging plans link in the left navigation menu.
- For the Service Provider or the Organization accounts, click the Charging plans icon in the accounts' homepage.
STEP 2: In the Charging Plan Management page that opens, click the Add a charging plan icon in the Quick Links area. Add a set up a new plan or select one of the existing Charging Plans from the list and customize it.
STEP 4: Customize the settings as you see fit, but when you reach the Fees section, do as follows:
- Select the Relative to call cost charging method.
- Enter the call cost percentage and the additional flat fee that will be collected for each type of call in the text boxes describing the call fees. For instance:
- Fill in 1 x call cost + 0.0001 USD/second to add a 0.0001 USD/second flat margin to the call costs.
- Fill in 1.1 x call cost + 0 USD/second to add a 10% margin to the call cost.
- Fill in 1.1 x call cost + 0.0001 USD/second to add both a 10% margin and a 0.0001 USD/second flat margin to the call costs.
STEP 5: Click OK to save your charging plan.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.