This page contains instructions on how to add a service provider account.
When creating a service provider account, you can choose to associate a charging plan to it or not. To be able to associate a charging plan with the newly created account, you need to make sure from the Unified Communications → Settings → Zero Priority → Charging Preferences page. Otherwise, you will not be able to do that.
Associating a charging plan with the newly created account is not mandatory. However, you should know that, in the absence of a charging plan, the extensions belonging to the service provider account will not be able to place any calls. If there is no charging plan available in the system or if you want to create a new charging plan, you may create one following the steps described here.
Create Service Provider account
To add a new service provider account:
- Click the Add Service Provider icon available in the Tools area.
- Fill in the Service Provider form, paying close attention to the required fields:
- Create using templates: Choose one of the templates available to save time. A template contains predefined settings that will be used to create the service provider. For more information, please visit section. If you do not want to use templates, select '––'.
- Service Provider name: Enter the name of the service provider for whom you want to create this account.
- Contact name: Enter a contact person for this service provider account.
- Username: Refer to the Appendix to see the characters allowed for usernames.
- Password auto generation: This password is generated automatically.
- Password: A valid password must have at least 8 characters. Refer to the Appendix to see the characters allowed for passwords.
- Email: Enter an e-mail address associated with this service provider account. Please note that the email address can contain characters from any official language script. Domain names that contain these special, so called non-ASCII, characters are called Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs). VoipNow supports IDNs.
- Country: The country selected by default is specified in the page.
- Region: The regions of a country are listed in alphabetical order. The one selected by default is the first one in the list.
- Timezone: The time zone selected by default is the one you have previously set up in the Unified Communications → Web Interface page, i.e. in the Default timezone field.
- Interface language: Choose a language for the interface. If you choose the
Defaultoption, the language that will be used for the organization account interface is the one specified by the administrator in the page.
- Notes: Enter additional information about the account.
- Customize charging and outgoing call filtering:
- Charging plan: Choose one of the available charging plans that will apply to the new service provider account. To create a service provider account with a charging plan, make sure the option is enabled from the Unified Communications → Settings → Zero Priority → Charging section and follow the steps described here.
- Charging identifier: An alphanumeric (plus -,_,*) 6 to 32 characters long value, used for identifying the parent account. The administrator can set up a charging identifier on each account. When the administrator adds a new account, they will see the charging identifier auto-filled with the value of the parent account. If the parent account does not have any charging identifier, this field will remain blank.
- To configure permissions and limits, select the Choose roles and phone numbers checkbox and click OK. To return to the previous page without submitting these changes, click Cancel.
Edit a service provider account
To edit a service provider account, follow the same steps as above.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.