This page contains instructions on how to change the interfance language and manage the language packs.
By default, VoipNow comes installed with an English language pack. This language pack is used to localize the interface, if the user has no other language setup.
VoipNow also allows you to add new language packs to suit your requirements. To read more on the components of a language pack, you may visit theVoipNow Localization Guide.
To manage language packs, go to Unified Communications in the side menu and click on the Language Packs icon under the Assets area. The Language Packs Management page allows you to:
- view all the language packs currently available in the system
- upload a new language pack
- enable/disable an existing language pack
- remove unused language packs
Add a new language pack
You may add language packs corresponding to earlier product versions, but you cannot use them in the interface.
To add a new language pack:
- Click the Add Language Pack icon under the Tools area.
- Set the Path to the language pack file location text box or use the Browse button to manually locate the file and upload it. The language file is only accepted in .tar.gz format.
- Click OK to confirm your settings and add the new language pack to the system. To go back to the previous page without adding it, click Cancel.
The system supports IETF compliant language packs. This is useful in differentiating language packs for the same core language, which is spoken in different regions. Localize your package by giving it the name of the IETF code (e.g. en-US, en-UK, en-CA fr-FR, fr-CA).
Enable or disable a language pack
The Available Language Packs table allows you to enable or disable a specific language pack with a simple click on the S (Status) icon. This icon shows the status of the language pack: for enabled, for disabled. The default language file is displayed in bold characters.
Once you have disabled a language pack, you can no longer use it. You need to press the Disabled icon to put it back in use.
Remove a language pack
You cannot remove the language pack in use. The English language pack cannot be removed and therefore VoipNow automatically disables its corresponding checkbox.
To remove a language pack:
- Select the language pack from the Available Languages table and click Remove selected.
- To finalize the removal, review the list, select the Confirm removal checkbox and click OK. To return to the previous page without deleting the pack, click Cancel.
Once you have removed a language pack, you can no longer use it. Since it cannot be restored, you need to add the language pack again.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.