This page contains instructions on how to enable/disable, remove, or search for a sound in VoipNow.
Enable or disable sounds
The Sounds table allows you to enable or disable a specific sound with a simple click on the S (Status) icon.
This icon shows the status of the sound:for enabled for disabled.
The default sound file is displayed in bold characters. Once you have disabled a sound, you can no longer use it. To put it back in us, press the Disabled icon.
Listen to sounds
To listen to a particular sound:
- Select the name of the sound you want to listen to from the Sound Management page.
- In the Existing Sounds table, click the button under the Listen column.
- If you want to download the sound to your computer, click the in the same table row.
Search for sounds
You can filter the existing sounds list name. Just enter the name of the sound in the text box located above the table and click theSearch button. The system will remember the search criteria when a new search is performed and even after the user logs out.
You cannot remove sounds that are currently used, you need to disable them first. Also, you cannot remove a music on hold sound if the containing folder is in use and only has one sound in it.
To remove a sound:
- Select the sound and click the Remove selected link to access the Removal Confirmation page.
- To finalize the removal, you have to review the list, select the Confirm removal checkbox, and click OK. To return to the previous page without deleting these records, click Cancel.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.