This page contains instructions on how to manage or impersonate a service provider account.
Change account status
All service provider accounts are listed in a table. You can change the status of a specific account with a simple click on any of the icons below:
enables the account
allows all local calls
allows only incoming calls
doesn't permit any call
disables the account
The Global and Phone Account Status pop-up will be displayed listing the options available. For further information, read the Global and phone account status section.
Enable or disable web management interface access
This option refers to the service provider's permission to log in and use the VoipNow interface. Click the icon to enable/disable the web management interface access:for allowed for not allowed
Impersonate a service provider
This option allows administrators to impersonate a service provider account owner, offering them the possibility to view the interface from a service provider's perspective. While impersonating the service provider account, the administrator will be able to do all the things the service provider would normally do on subordinate accounts, i.e. modifying the permissions and limits.
To impersonate a service provider:
- Select the service provider from the table.
- Access the Impersonate link under the page title.
- To return to the normal view mode, simply click the Return to My Account link in the right panel at the top of the page, next to the Help icon.
When you impersonate a child account, the application uses the skin of the chosen account.
The Impersonate feature can only be used for enabled accounts with web management interface access.
Group operations on service provider accounts
VoipNow allows you to edit the permissions, limits and phone numbers for several service providers at the same time:
- Select the service provider. From the Service Providers Management page, choose the service providers for which you want to modify the permissions and the phone numbers by selecting their corresponding checkboxes.
Click the Group Operations link at the top right of the table. You will be redirected to a new page with the sections detailed below.
This section allows you to make changes on all service providers permissions. For each permission, you have the following options:
Option Details Do not change The corresponding permission is not modified for any of the service providers you have selected. Enable The corresponding permission is enabled for all the service providers you have selected. Disable The corresponding permission is disabled for all the service providers you have selected.
This section allows you to make the same changes for all the service providers limits – maximum number of extensions, mailboxes, etc. More information about the available limits can be found here.
For each limit, you can use the following formula:
<action> <value> <value_type>
<action>: Use the first drop-down list to choose the action to be performed on the existing limits:
Option Details Do not change The corresponding limit is not modified for any of the selected service provider accounts. The other two controls are disabled. Unlimited The corresponding limit is set to unlimited for all the selected service provider accounts. The other two controls are disabled. Value You can use the <value> text box to fill in a new limit, lower than the existing one. The third control is disabled. Increase (+) Select this option if you want to set a higher limit for the selected service provider accounts.
Use the <value_type> drop-down list to select the increase method: units or %.
Use the * <value> text box to specify the number of units or the percent by which the corresponding limit is increased.
Decrease (-) Select this option if you want to set a lower limit for the selected service provider accounts.
Use the <value_type> drop-down list to select the decrease method: units or %.
Use the <value> text box to specify the number of units or the percent by which the corresponding limit is decreased.
<value> - This text box can be used to specify either a new limit or the amount with which the existing limit is increased or decreased.
<value_type> - Use the drop-down list to select how the limit will be increased or decreased:
Option Details Units The limit will be modified exactly with the given <value>. % The limit will be modified with the percentage specified in the <value> text box.
Click OK to save the changes for the selected accounts. To return to the previous page without making any modifications, click Cancel.
For a detailed explanation upon each permission, see the Permissions section.
To transfer organization accounts between service providers:
- Select the corresponding checkboxes of the organization accounts in question.
- Click on the Move organizations link on top of the table.
- Before confirming the move, you need to review the changes that this transfer will trigger for the organization in question. Such changes are detailed in a warning box displayed at the top of the page.
- To finish the operation, select the Agree to move organizations to service provider option and click OK.
Search for account
All service provider accounts are listed in a table that you can filter by name.
- Enter the name of the account in the text box at the top of the table.
- Click the Search button. The system will remember the search criteria when a new search is performed and even after the user logs out.
To remove a particular service provider account:
- Select the account and click the Remove selected link to access the Removal Confirmation page.
- Review the list, select the Confirm removal checkbox, and click OK. To return to the previous page without deleting the account, click Cancel.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.