Service provider templates come very in handy if you need to add several similar service provider accounts to the system. Instead of configuring the service provider's roles in each and every case, you can use a template.
Service provider templates can only be managed by the system administrator(s)! If there are parameters that do not meet your requirements, you may simply edit the template or create a whole new one.
To manage service provider templates, go to Unified Communications in the side menu and click the Service Provider Templates icon in the Assets area. The Service Provider Templates management page allows you to:
- create a new template
- see a list of all existing service provider templates
- search for a particular template within the list
- edit templates
- remove unused templates
Add a template
To add a template:
- Click on the Add Template icon in the Tools area.
- Name the template.
- Set account permissions. More details on permissions here.
- Set account limits. More details on limits here.
- Assign a charging plan to the account from the drop-down list. The list contains all the charging plans available in the administrator account.
- Click OK to add the new service provider template. To return to the previous page without adding anything, click Cancel.
If you want to edit a template, follow the same steps described above.
Please note that the Charging plan only appears if charging is enabled on the VoipNow system. To enable/disable charging, go to the Unified Communications → Settings → Zero Priority → Charging page.
Enable or disable a template
All templates are listed in the Service Provider Templates table. You may enable or disable a specific template with a simple click on the S (Status) icon, which shows the status of the template:for enabled for disabled. Once a template is disabled, you can no longer use it to create an account.
Search for a template
The same table displays a Template ID column, which refers to the automatically generated ID of the template. The Service Providers column indicates the number of service provider accounts created based on this template.
To filter existing templates, enter the name in the text box above the table and click theSearch button. The system remembers the search criteria when a new search is performed and even after the user logs out.
Remove a template
If you remove a template from the system, the accounts created with it will not be affected.
To remove a template:
- Select the template from the table and click the Remove selected link on top of the table.
- Select the Confirm removal checkbox and click OK. To return to the previous page without removing the template, click Cancel.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.