This page contains instructions on how to customize the SIP settings.
To set and customize SIP preferences, go to Unified Communications in the side menu and click on the Zero Priority icon, under the Settings area.
Open the SIP tab on the left and you will be able to modify:
- Global SIP preferences
- Advanced SIP server preferences
- Important SIP domains
Global SIP preferences
Start with the global settings that you can configure relying on the explanations below.
Extension number length
The number of digits in an extension number. Default value: 3. Allowed value: 2 to 7. Please note that this option can only be modified before the system is initialized.
Separator between organization ID and the user number
The separator default value is the "*" character and it can be changed only into a digit (no other characters are allowed). It is placed between the client ID and the user's number. Please note that this option can only be modified before the system is initialized.
Maximum length of allowed incoming registration <x> seconds
The maximum time interval allowed for an extension's SIP to register to the system. Default value: 3,600 seconds. Allowed value: 3 to 84,000 seconds.
Default length of incoming/outgoing registrations <x> seconds
The default time interval allowed for an extension's SIP to register to the system. Default value: 3,600 seconds. Allowed value: 3 to 3,600 seconds.
Interval between registration attempts <x> seconds
The time interval between two system consecutive registration attempts to a SIP provider. Default value: 60 seconds. Allowed value: 3 to 3,600 seconds.
Maximum number of registration attempts <x>
The maximum number of attempts the system will retry to register to a SIP provider. If you do not want to limit the number of attempts, fill in 0. Default value: 0. Allowed value: 1 to 3,600.
Terminate calls if no activity for <x> seconds (without Hold time)
If a call is inactive for <x> seconds, VoipNow will end it. <x> does not include the time interval during which the call is on hold. Default value: 180 seconds. Allowed value: 3 to 3,600 seconds.
Terminate calls if no activity for <x> seconds (with Hold time)
If a call is inactive for <x> seconds, VoipNow will end it. <x> includes the time interval during which the call is on hold. Default value: 600 seconds. Allowed value: 3 to 3,600 seconds.
Transfer to public network numbers longer than <x> digits
The minimum length of the numbers that get transferred to the public network. Default value: 6 digits.
|Delete call quality information after <x> days||The call quality information will be deleted after this number of days. Default value: 30 days.|
This is the user agent set up in the SIP packets sent by the server.
Advanced SIP server preferences
Two options are available.
- Accept SIP requests to domain:port: Specify the alias IP address or hostname of your SIP server. If a new SIP request arrives from a customer and is sent to an IP/hostname that is not the Kamailio server IP or the Kamailio server logical address, it will only be accepted if the destination IP/hostname is listed here. You can add/remove several accepted SIP domains using the available +/- icons. Do not fill in the IP addresses or the hostnames of your customers, as it will cause unexpected behavior. This field serves only for adding aliases belonging to your own server.
- MWI publish from IP:port: Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) is a mechanism that informs the subscriber about the status of their recorded messages. You can grant MWI publishing management to other external servers (e.g. if the clients store their extensions' voicemails on remote dedicated servers). This way an external application will be able to publish the MWI using the VoipNow infrastructure. Please note that only the server's IP is accepted. You cannot add its hostname.
Important SIP domains
All the SIP and MWI servers previously added will be displayed in a table described below.
- Domain: IP and port/hostname of domain. To remove a domain, select its corresponding checkbox and click the Remove selected link.
- Type:Server type, depending on how you have defined it:
- Target SIP Server - A normal SIP domain; MWI publishing management is not allowed.
- External MWI Server - External voicemail server to which you have granted MWI publishing management through VoipNow.
- Created: The date the domain was added to the list.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.