This page contains instructions on how to manage sounds on a user account.
VoipNow allows users to customize auto-attendant and welcome messages, music on hold or event announcements. We generally call these types of content sounds.
To access to sound-related options that you can customize according to your preferences, click the Sounds icon in the Tools section. The Sound Management page allows you to:
- visualize the user's sounds
- add a new sound file to the system
- manage sound folders and sound languages
- search for specific sounds and organize sound files according to sound languages and folders
- remove unused sound files
For more details, see the Manage Sounds section.
Add new sound
To add a new sound, click the Add Sound icon in the Tools section. In the Add New Sound page, fill in all the necessary details that define a new sound. You can customize it by filling in the information required by the fieldsets listed below:
- Sound Form
- Record Over the Phone
- Upload Sound Files
A new sound cannot be added unless at least one sound language is available!
The Sound Folder Management page allows you to:
- visualize the organization's sound folders
- add a new sound folder by clicking the Add Folder icon available in the Tools section
- search for specific folders
- remove unused sound folders and their associated content
To add a new folder, you need to use the tools available in the Add New Folder page.
For more information on how to add and edit an organization's sound folder, check the Manage Sound Folders section.
A sound file can be recorded in several languages. This allows account owners to listen to a particular announcement in a language of their preference, if available in the system.
If the account owner wants to have the announcement played in a language that is not available in the system, the announcement is played in the user's default sound language. The Sound Language Management page allows you to:
- visualize the user's sound languages
- add a new sound language by clicking the Add Sound Language icon available in the Tools section
- search for specific languages
- view sounds that have files in different languages
- remove unused sound languages from the system
To define a new sound language for the current account, use the controls available in the Add New Sound Language page. For more information on how to add a new language to a user's account, check the Manage Sound Languages section.
To change the organization's language, click the language in the Sound Languages table. In the Change Language page, use the drop-down list to replace the language currently in use with one of your choice.
Except where otherwise noted, content in this space is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.